Frequently Asked Questions
We designed our product to be simple, convenient and easy-to-use. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please contact us. We'd love to help!
What is an Ouchy Wrap™?
The patent-pending Ouchy Wrap™ is a cute, comfy way to keep “ouchies” at bay. It’s a soft, stretchy wrap that fits a flexible ice pack. With its patented Snug Tie™, kids can stretch it over their head, or wrap it around their hurting body part. Made of sensory-friendly soft material to soothe kids when they’re overwhelmed or hurting, the Ouchy Wrap™ immediately provides comfort while the ice pack in the pocket cools temperatures and reduces pain and swelling. Putting a wrap on their ouchy can help kids feel better fast while freeing up their hands - and yours - to cuddle, soothe, snuggle, or just give them a hug so they can go play.
Who can use an Ouchy Wrap™?
Is it safe to use?
The Ouchy Wrap™ was designed by Amie Lapp Payne, Ph.D., an expert in the area of child safety and development. So not only is your Ouchy Wrap™ kid tested and mom approved, but it is currently being tested to be certified as a safe children's product by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Is it different than a traditional ice or heat pack?
Holding an ice pack on a small child's bumped noggin should be an Olympic sport. Ouchy Wrap™ was born out of the necessity for an easier way to help soothe an aching child. There's no shortage of ice and heat packs on the market, but there was a huge shortage in a functional way to hold the ice or heat on the injury - until now. Our Ouchy Wraps™ are designed with soft, breathable fabric and an easy-to-use Snug Tie™, so that your child can get back to the important business of play with the ice still in place. Ice pack wrestling is now a sport of the past.
When can I order?
We have just a few wraps left from our first production batch! We will be announcing an exclusive pre-sale in the coming weeks, as well as our official launch date. To stay up-to-date on all the latest news and offers from Ouchy Wrap™ join our Ouchy Wrap™ Promo Club.
Ouchy Wrap™ Warnings & Safety Information
- Do NOT tie around the head or otherwise use Ouchy Wrap™as a headband on children 0 – 3 years of age
- Do not allow any child to wear Ouchy Wrap™while sleeping
- Do NOT ever attach/wear Ouchy Wrap™around neck
- Do NOT hang on a crib or anywhere within reach of a child under 3 years of age
- ALWAYS maintain adult supervision of any child wearing Ouchy Wrap™
- ONLY use enough pressure to keep the wrap in place on head or body part; DO NOT use for the purposes of stopping blood flow or to otherwise cut off blood circulation
- ONLY use with Dynarex™ cold/hot packs sold with the product; DO NOT use Ouchy Wrap™ with any other cold or hot packs
- Ouchy Wrap™ should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. ALWAYS consult with a healthcare professional for any medical needs.
- If an emergency arises, call 911 immediately